Domeboro’s Astringent Solution is an OTC product that is used to cool and cleanse irritated skin and soothe inflammation. The active ingredients of Domeboro are aluminum sulfate and calcium acetate. Domeboro is available at most pharmacies or online. Other similar brands that contain the same active ingredients are Gordon’s Boro-Packs and Pedi-Boro Soak Paks.
- Dissolve one powder packet into 16 oz of lukewarm water for a 1:40 dilution.
- Moisten the solution with a clean, soft, white cloth such as gauze, a thin diaper, a clean pillowcase cut into strips, a handkerchief, or a small towel.
- Wring out the cloth gently until damp (but not soaking wet).
- Place the damp cloth loosely over the affected area for 10 to 15 minutes.
- If the gauze or other material dries out, moisten it again before removing from the skin so as not to damage your skin.
- Repeat 2-3 times daily.
- Discard the solution after each use.