Eczema is a skin condition routinely found in millions of people annually and is characterized by extremely dry, scaly skin that can be severely itchy and uncomfortable. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it is crucial to have a Board-Certified Dermatologist evaluate your skin to provide a proper diagnosis and effective treatment.
Many patients require prescription medications, best prescribed by a Board-Certified Dermatologist.
In addition to a proper routine developed together with your dermatologist, the symptoms of eczema can sometimes be alleviated through the use of over-the-counter (OTC) products.
We have no financial interest in any of the following companies producing these products. While we have recommended these products many times, we always appreciate your feedback.
Here are some popular OTC products targeted for skin compromised by eczema:
- Aveeno Eczema Therapy Rescue Relief Treatment Gel Cream
- Aveeno Eczema Therapy Daily Moisturizing Body Cream for Sensitive Skin
- Cerave Eczema Relief Creamy Body Oil
- Cerave Moisturizing Cream for Dry Skin
- Eucerin Eczema Relief Cream
- AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Lotion for Dry Skin
- Cetaphil Restoraderm Soothing Moisturizer, For Eczema Prone Skin